Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Who Is She?

Who is she?
That woman in the mirror
With the puffy face and the short whispy red hair.
I don't recognize her.
Who is she?
This woman with her swollen belly and her limp.
She used to sing
She had a strong voice, she was known for it
It was part of who she was.
She can no longer sing
Her voice weak and barely audible.
Who is she?
The other day while she was shopping she noticed a disabled woman
and a wave of pity swept over her.
And then she realized,
She IS that woman,
And she wondered how more disabled she may become as the months tumble by.
But she knows she never wants anyone to pity her!
NEVER!!!!
Because just as she is unrecgonizable on the outside
She is also unrecognizable on the inside.
She is now a fearless warrior!!
She is happy and at peace!
She only wishes she had the energy to show it.

6 comments:

Shellie said...

Staci,
I love your words and your honesty.
I do not pity you but I do ache for you out love. I admire your strength.
I know God has you so snuggly tucked under his wing. You are doing His work. You are impacting people you do not even know. When you finally see His face, years from now, He WILL say "well done my good and faithful servant.
Thank you for choosing me as one of your friends.
I love you,
Shellie

Kevin.theAmishElectrician said...

As I have known you,
in the connected times of our lives.
You are a funny lady.
In your diminutive physical presence,
resides an amazing strength and force of determined will.
You have always shown a heart of grace.
You are a good friend.
~k

Unknown said...

I love you

Melody said...

Staci-
I too do not pity you, but admire and respect your faith and strength. You continue to amaze me through this journey and you have helped my faith grow stronger by your example.
I do wish there was more that I could do to help take away some of your pain and sleepless nights even if for only a few hours. I know that the best I can do is to pray for you every day as I do now and be there to love you and your family. Please know that while I don't get to spend as much time with you as I would like, you are in my prayers and in my thoughts many times each day. Keep up the fight, you truly are an amazing warrior.

In love and friendship.
Melody

Melody

shanna said...

I have a godly jealousy for what you have with Him. You amaze me.

shanna said...

I have a godly jealousy for what you have with Him. You amaze me.