Saturday, February 23, 2008

Alien

Well, it is the day after the surgery and things couldn't have gone better! Thank you so much for your prayers, I know they made all of the difference! Hy head is a little sore because they screwed a halo through my skin and directly onto my skull. Right now I have a big Frankenstein bandage on my head, but even that should get to come off later today. The one slightly disappointing thing is I was under the impression that the gamma knife obliterated the tumor so I was expecting some instant relief from the symptoms, however, the tumor is still there and will slowly shrink over time. So I guess I'm not allowed to drive for quite a while. Bummer! I wish it could have happened the way Rob's cousin said in an e-mail he sent. He said, "Wouldn't it be great if the tumor was like one of those aliens that inhabit people's bodies in the movies and then something happens and they come out screaming and squealing? I bet it would be great to see the m-f-er so that! Come squealing out your ears and explode in the operating room!" I would have loved to see that happen! But I imagine my tumor is a little more like the alien in the movie Space Balls. After the bloodbath, the gnashing of teeth, the screaming and wailing- there is a little song and dance complete with a top hat and a cane. "Hello, my baby; hello, my honey; hello my ragtime gal....give me a kiss by wire...baby my hearts on fire..."

Ok- Sigourney! No more sequels!

2 comments:

Leslie blanchard said...

Cancer Humour?

Wow, you are a funny girl. (Rob's cousin is funny, too.)
It sounds to me like instead of running out of your ears screaming like an alien in a Sci-Fi movie, it's gonna be more like the Wicked Witch of the West on the Wizard of Oz, "Help me I'm Melllltinnnnggg" into a lovely green puddle.

shanna said...

I adore you. You make me laugh and smile and cry all at the same time! :)