Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Week, Still Weak

Hey Everyone,

I'm so glad so many of you have signed up for the direct e-mail updates from the blog! If you didn't get the link it is at http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogger/jUid . If you want to check the blog the old way you can do that too! Whatever works best for you!

A lot of you have asked how I am feeling a week after the procedure. To be honest I feel worse. I was told that may happen due to swelling. I am now dragging my right leg around and I have had to put a knee brace on it because it has a tendency to buckle under me at times. Hopefully, I will see some results anywhere from 1-6 weeks. It just depends on how my tumor responds to the radiation. I'm pretty optimistic. When they radiated the tumor in my chest I could tell a big difference in just a few weeks.

Right now I am not allowed to drive due to the slight possibilty of seizures. I thought I would dread the time, but I am finding it enjoyable. I have shut off the T.V. and just spent a lot of quiet time with God. I'm also using this to write some letters to Rob and the girls. It has been emotional, but I guess I like the fact that I will get to meddle some with them even after I am gone. Maybe I shouldn't talk like that. I know it makes people uncomfortable, but hey, we are all headed down that path one day or another.

Love ya'll!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the poem. Who wrote it. My daughter liked it so much she copied it into her journal as soon as I read it to her.
I especially liked the line about affecting the tides of the lives surrounding us.
Staci, He is using you so much to impact so many lives right now!
Cheryl

Staci McAuley said...

I wrote the poem several years ago when I was busy trying to cahnge Rob. Of course that didn't work. God used it to remind me that it is not my job to change my husband, my job is to reflect Christ's unconditional love. Thanks Cheryl.

shanna said...

I love your heart...your faith is precious! I am praying!