Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007

This is going to be my last blog for 2007. It is Christmas break and we are staying busy as so many of you are. Plus Brianna is home and we are both fighting for the use of the computer.

This as been a tough year for us despite its "lucky" number. Rob's Dad passed away in the beginning of January. This has left a hole in the family and had forced us to adjust to a new normal. Then we got the news about my recurrence in May. The force of emotions that sweep over you with this type of news is almost primal. It is scary to know that you can hurt that much. But, this year has also been a year of blessings. I am once again blessed to have so many friends that love and care about me. I am blessed to have this illness so that they feel compelled to show me that love without reservations.

I was blessed to once again see my little Kaitlin get up in front of the entire school and belt out a song. Yeah, I admit I get a little puffed up with pride when I hear her sing. I was blessed to see her become a little spitfire of a basketball player. Even though she is the shortest one out there, she is constantly stealing the ball and making baskets for her team. I was blessed to be able to answer or try to answer the billions and billions of questions she constantly throws my way.

I was blessed to see my beautiful Brianna become an absolutley incredible volleyball player. To see her dive after every ball and play with such passion is totally exciting. Her team came in first in the OKC division. The finals of their last tournament was a nail biter, but they won with Brianna scoring the winning point. Rob did a wonderful job as their coach. I am also blessed to see her slowly turn into part little girl part young woman. She is growing up to be such a beautiful lady, not only on the outside, but also on the inside.

I was blessed to have Rob walk through this with me. It has been a difficult year for him. He was very close to his Dad, but we have traveled this journey together. I have been blessed to know that we can survive anything that comes our way. In the show Evita, Eva Peron is sick and nearing death. Her husband is valiantly by her side throughout. She sings a song that I have always liked called "You Must Love Me." It speaks of how she is surprised at the strength he shows and how she is comforted by that strength. This is how Rob has blessed me.

I am blessed to have deeper understanding of God and who He is and how He will see me through anything. I am blessed to learn more about myself, about who I am and what I can overcome. I am blessed to get a clearer view of this life and just how precious it is.

2007 has been a struggle but I have become a better person because of it and I know that no matter what the Lord has planned for me in 2008. it will ultimately be a blessing too.

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I love that you say your disease is a blessing because your family and friends can show their love without hesitation! That is DEFIINITELY counting your blessings and looking on the bright side!

shanna said...

I love that part too. Oh how wonderful it would be if we showed each other that kind of love without reservation all the time!!!! You inspire me to love God and others more deeply! Thank you!